The OE3C 2021 organizing committee is very happy to invite meeting participants to submit an abstract for consideration for an oral or poster presentation. There are three types of presentations available:
- Full Length : pre-recorded talk via YouTube – 15 minutes
- Three Minute Thesis (3MT)-style : live talk via Zoom – 3 minutes (what is a 3MT?)
- Virtual Poster : PDF posted on our website
Abstract submission will close February 28th, 2021 at 11:59pm EST. Participants will be notified in mid-March if their abstracts have been accepted and early-bird registration will open shortly thereafter.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts should be single-spaced Word documents (.docx), written in 12 pt. Times New Roman font, with a maximum of 400 words. Please do not add any photos or figures to your abstract.
- Files should be named according to the following convention: FirstnameLastname_OE3CAbstract.docx
- Abstracts should contain the following information:
- Names of authors (identify name of presenting author with an asterisk*)
- Affiliations of all authors (department and institution name are sufficient) and contact information for the presenting author
- Type of presentation requested: Full Length, 3MT-style, or Virtual Poster
- Abstracts for full-length talks should provide clear data and validated conclusions. They should include an introduction that presents the background of the study, a brief description of the methods used, a summary of the results, and a brief discussion and/or conclusions.
- Abstracts for 3MT-style talks or virtual posters should adhere to the above guidelines but do not require complete data analyses or conclusions. Instead, please describe where you are in your analyses and the progress you expect to make prior to the meeting in place of a results summary and discussion statement.